If I’m passionate about anything, it’s about celebrating the Fourth of July in Boston! Thanks to philanthropist David Mugar and Boston 4 Productions, there’s no place I’d rather be on the Fourth than on the Boston Esplanade watching The Boston Pops and Grammy Award-winning guest artists, and trying to find a 2 x 2 foot..
Interview with Maestro Keith Lockhart Keith Lockhart is one of the finest conductors of our generation. Fifteen years ago, Keith Lockhart became the 20th conductor of the Boston Pops. Boston welcomed him with open arms and warm hearts and reveled in his celebrity status. It seemed that not a day went by without hearing about..
On Friday afternoon, the day wasn’t looking very good with all the thunderstorms and grey skies. But by the time 8pm rolled around, the skies were clear and it was a beautiful un-muggy 75 degrees outside at the Hatch Shell in Boston. Despite the gloomy weather, Bostonians and visitors packed onto the grass in front..
On Thursday, June 11, 2009, former NASA astronaut Dr. Buzz Aldrin, The Boston Pops and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) came together to celebrate the upcoming 40th anniversary of the first lunar landing. On July 20th, 1969, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first men to walk on the moon. In the image..
More Ballet West Articles
- 21 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Easton Smith Thirsts for Roles Like DraculaI love the depth that the character Dracula has. I love the... 5 Comments
- 28 Dec 2009Ballet West’s Nutcracker Delights GenerationsDecember is a wonderful time to go to the ballet. At no othe... 4 Comments
- 11 Jun 2010Ballet West Academy’s Spring Performance Displays a Rich Garden of TalentThe first dance of the Ballet West Academy Spring Performanc... 4 Comments
- 11 May 2010The Brilliance of Ballet West and Balanchine’s AmericaAs the curtain raised for Ballet West’s Serenade, the first... 3 Comments
- 24 Feb 2010Ballet West’s Swan Lake Simply StunningAs Ballet West’s Artistic Director, Adam Sklute takes an ide... 2 Comments
- 03 Nov 2011Ballet West’s Dracula is Fang-tastic!When it comes to season openers, you’ll be hard pressed to f... 2 Comments
- 26 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Dracula Chills, Thrills and Makes You Beg for MoreSome people think that going to the ballet really sucks! But... 2 Comments
- 09 Jul 2012Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?Six episodes. How do you hook a summer audience on a show a...
- 15 Feb 2013Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and DelightsWe all know the story of Cinderella; the lonely, oft-abused...
- 12 Nov 2010Ballet West in Perfect Form with Carmina Burana, The Four TemperamentsBallet West opened its 2010-2011 season with George Balanchi...
- Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and Delights
- Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?
- Listen Up Verizon, TMobile and Sprint, a Sea Change is Coming…
- NOH8 Campaign Comes Out to Salt Lake City
- What’s the Buzz? Ted Neeley and Jesus Christ Superstar Have Heaven on Their Minds in Park City