We all know the story of Cinderella; the lonely, oft-abused sister is granted a magical night at the royal ball only to lose her slipper on her hurried departure, yet finds true love after the Prince discovers her identity through that lost slipper. It has for generations delighted children around the world. This week and..
Six episodes. How do you hook a summer audience on a show about ballet in six episodes? The truth is, the CW’s summer show had a built-in, loyal audience months before Breaking Pointe, showcasing Salt Lake City’s Ballet West, ever aired. The question is, did they keep it? It would be unfair not to mention that Ballet..
Gethsemane has been my favorite song from JCS since I can remember. The lyrics are evocative and emotional and to hear Ted Neeley sing this live was a dream come true. No one can feel its power or embody Jesus’ pain, doubt, or resolve more than Ted who has performed this some 2,000 times throughout his career. It was a moment, and if you need but one reason to see Jesus Christ Superstar in Park City, this is it. And it’s the reason that I’ll be going back to see it once more before it ends.
When it comes to season openers, you’ll be hard pressed to find anything that comes even remotely close to the excitement and energy of Ballet West’s Dracula! If you missed Dracula, then you missed out. And that’s just a fact.
Some people think that going to the ballet really sucks! But in the case of Ben Stevenson’s highly acclaimed Dracula, that was pretty much the point. Ballet West’s 2011-12 season opener invited Salt Lake City right into Dracula’s lair, and what we experienced took our breath away!
More Ballet West Articles
- 21 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Easton Smith Thirsts for Roles Like DraculaI love the depth that the character Dracula has. I love the... 5 Comments
- 11 Jun 2010Ballet West Academy’s Spring Performance Displays a Rich Garden of TalentThe first dance of the Ballet West Academy Spring Performanc... 4 Comments
- 28 Dec 2009Ballet West’s Nutcracker Delights GenerationsDecember is a wonderful time to go to the ballet. At no othe... 4 Comments
- 11 May 2010The Brilliance of Ballet West and Balanchine’s AmericaAs the curtain raised for Ballet West’s Serenade, the first... 3 Comments
- 24 Feb 2010Ballet West’s Swan Lake Simply StunningAs Ballet West’s Artistic Director, Adam Sklute takes an ide... 2 Comments
- 03 Nov 2011Ballet West’s Dracula is Fang-tastic!When it comes to season openers, you’ll be hard pressed to f... 2 Comments
- 26 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Dracula Chills, Thrills and Makes You Beg for MoreSome people think that going to the ballet really sucks! But... 2 Comments
- 09 Jul 2012Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?Six episodes. How do you hook a summer audience on a show a...
- 15 Feb 2013Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and DelightsWe all know the story of Cinderella; the lonely, oft-abused...
- 12 Nov 2010Ballet West in Perfect Form with Carmina Burana, The Four TemperamentsBallet West opened its 2010-2011 season with George Balanchi...
- Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and Delights
- Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?
- Listen Up Verizon, TMobile and Sprint, a Sea Change is Coming…
- NOH8 Campaign Comes Out to Salt Lake City
- What’s the Buzz? Ted Neeley and Jesus Christ Superstar Have Heaven on Their Minds in Park City