On November 4th, 2009, the Canyonlands New Music Ensemble presents the Maurice Abravanel Visiting Distinguished Composer Series and honors Composer Fred Lerdahl. A highly-regarded composer, Lerdahl has been composing for more than 45 years, writing Piano Fantasy in 1964 while ‘under the spell’ of his first summer at Tanglewood. Among his many accolades, Lerdahl is a recipient of the Koussevitzky Composition Prize and has been a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in music.
Wendy Warner has performed in concert halls worldwide, having performed with the Chicago, Berlin, Boston, Dallas, London, and San Francisco symphonies and with orchestras from St. Petersburg to Hong Kong to Toulouse. This Sunday, as the NVPO begins its second season, the orchestra and its patrons throughout the valley are in for an afternoon of beautiful music!
Interview with Maestro Keith Lockhart Keith Lockhart is one of the finest conductors of our generation. Fifteen years ago, Keith Lockhart became the 20th conductor of the Boston Pops. Boston welcomed him with open arms and warm hearts and reveled in his celebrity status. It seemed that not a day went by without hearing about..
In October 2008, the Neponset Valley Philharmonic Orchestra (NVPO) made its debut. Founded by Conductor and Music Educator Lawrence Isaacson, the NVPO gave its inaugural performance at Showcase Live at Patriot Place in Foxboro, Massachusetts. Fifty musicians strong, the NVPO performed Mozart, Beethoven, and with violin soloist Markus Placci, Mendelssohn’s Concerto for Violin in E..
More Ballet West Articles
- 21 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Easton Smith Thirsts for Roles Like DraculaI love the depth that the character Dracula has. I love the... 5 Comments
- 11 Jun 2010Ballet West Academy’s Spring Performance Displays a Rich Garden of TalentThe first dance of the Ballet West Academy Spring Performanc... 4 Comments
- 28 Dec 2009Ballet West’s Nutcracker Delights GenerationsDecember is a wonderful time to go to the ballet. At no othe... 4 Comments
- 11 May 2010The Brilliance of Ballet West and Balanchine’s AmericaAs the curtain raised for Ballet West’s Serenade, the first... 3 Comments
- 24 Feb 2010Ballet West’s Swan Lake Simply StunningAs Ballet West’s Artistic Director, Adam Sklute takes an ide... 2 Comments
- 03 Nov 2011Ballet West’s Dracula is Fang-tastic!When it comes to season openers, you’ll be hard pressed to f... 2 Comments
- 26 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Dracula Chills, Thrills and Makes You Beg for MoreSome people think that going to the ballet really sucks! But... 2 Comments
- 12 Nov 2010Ballet West in Perfect Form with Carmina Burana, The Four TemperamentsBallet West opened its 2010-2011 season with George Balanchi...
- 09 Jul 2012Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?Six episodes. How do you hook a summer audience on a show a...
- 15 Feb 2013Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and DelightsWe all know the story of Cinderella; the lonely, oft-abused...
- Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and Delights
- Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?
- Listen Up Verizon, TMobile and Sprint, a Sea Change is Coming…
- NOH8 Campaign Comes Out to Salt Lake City
- What’s the Buzz? Ted Neeley and Jesus Christ Superstar Have Heaven on Their Minds in Park City