I love the depth that the character Dracula has. I love the individuality of all the Draculas — Beau Pearson, Christopher Anderson and me — that we can be such different Draculas. Whether it’s the insane Dracula, the blood hungry Dracula, or the controlling Dracula, there are so many different moods and dimensions to this character. This guy’s been around for hundreds and hundreds of years, and you can only begin to tap into what you think are the emotions that he might have gone through and try to express them. It’s really amazing, the character development that you can do with this guy. And every day, playing with his character is different and changing, and it’s truly unlimited what you can do with this part as far as acting is concerned.
David Cho has been with the Utah Symphony for four and a half years. As Associate Conductor, David has conducted more than 300 performances, including Symphony Orchestra, Pops, Educational, and Subscription Classical Series programs, and this season he will conduct a variety of programming ranging from the Haunted Symphony (Holst, Borodin, Berlioz, Grieg, Wagner, Saint-Seäns) to the Wizard of OZ to Peter and the Wolf. Meet Maestro David Cho!
Eberhardt, Mihanovic, Moss, Breault and Lee Share the Magic of Christmas with Free Concert in Salt Lake City
With Christmas just around the corner, some of Salt Lake City’s finest musicians are planning to celebrate Christmas with a song. Mezzo-Sopranos Stina Eberhardt and Ana Mihanovic, Bass-Baritone and Pianist Jed Moss, Tenor Robert Breault and Soprano Clara Hurtado Lee will be performing a wide range of Christmas music that spans a millennium! Whether the music is traditional or a new arrangement, the artists promise some surprises along the way. (Dec. 22, 7pm, Dumke Recital Hall, Salt Lake City)
The Maurice Abravanel Distinguished Composer Series was created to pair Canyonlands’ musicians with the music of contemporary composers, bringing new and challenging works to Salt Lake City. I didn’t understand all the compositional intricacies, but my hunger for education and inspiration was well fed!
On November 4th, 2009, the Canyonlands New Music Ensemble presents the Maurice Abravanel Visiting Distinguished Composer Series and honors Composer Fred Lerdahl. A highly-regarded composer, Lerdahl has been composing for more than 45 years, writing Piano Fantasy in 1964 while ‘under the spell’ of his first summer at Tanglewood. Among his many accolades, Lerdahl is a recipient of the Koussevitzky Composition Prize and has been a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in music.
More Ballet West Articles
- 21 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Easton Smith Thirsts for Roles Like DraculaI love the depth that the character Dracula has. I love the... 5 Comments
- 11 Jun 2010Ballet West Academy’s Spring Performance Displays a Rich Garden of TalentThe first dance of the Ballet West Academy Spring Performanc... 4 Comments
- 28 Dec 2009Ballet West’s Nutcracker Delights GenerationsDecember is a wonderful time to go to the ballet. At no othe... 4 Comments
- 11 May 2010The Brilliance of Ballet West and Balanchine’s AmericaAs the curtain raised for Ballet West’s Serenade, the first... 3 Comments
- 24 Feb 2010Ballet West’s Swan Lake Simply StunningAs Ballet West’s Artistic Director, Adam Sklute takes an ide... 2 Comments
- 03 Nov 2011Ballet West’s Dracula is Fang-tastic!When it comes to season openers, you’ll be hard pressed to f... 2 Comments
- 26 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Dracula Chills, Thrills and Makes You Beg for MoreSome people think that going to the ballet really sucks! But... 2 Comments
- 09 Jul 2012Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?Six episodes. How do you hook a summer audience on a show a...
- 15 Feb 2013Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and DelightsWe all know the story of Cinderella; the lonely, oft-abused...
- 12 Nov 2010Ballet West in Perfect Form with Carmina Burana, The Four TemperamentsBallet West opened its 2010-2011 season with George Balanchi...
- Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and Delights
- Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?
- Listen Up Verizon, TMobile and Sprint, a Sea Change is Coming…
- NOH8 Campaign Comes Out to Salt Lake City
- What’s the Buzz? Ted Neeley and Jesus Christ Superstar Have Heaven on Their Minds in Park City