Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is unquestionably one of the most prolific and most loved composers of classical music. Composing his first melody at the age of five, his first symphony at age eight and his final work, the [unfinished] Requiem Mass in D minor when he was 35, Mozart is credited with more than 600 works. ..
In a celebration of musical sounds, The Sundance Trio invites us to listen to the innovative and striking sonorities of The Sundance Trio: “The Sundance Trio generally strives to perform and record new and unusual works by commissioning composers whose musical proclivities range from jazz to modern idioms. Oboist Geralyn Giovannetti, Bassoonist Christian Smith and Pianist Jed Moss combine forces to render dynamic performances…”
The Sundance Trio’s debut CD is now available through Centaur Records! The Sundance Trio is Geralyn Giovannetti, oboe, and Christian Smith, bassoon, both Brigham Young University School of Music faculty members, and Pianist Jed Moss.
*** If there’s but one thing you take away from this article, make it Tony Harnell’s CD “Cinematic”. *** If ever there was an artist to bow to, it is Tony Harnell. I was first introduced to Tony Harnell when guitarist Jonni Lightfoot joined Harnell’s band Starbreaker as its new bass player earlier this summer…
If you’re a fan of 80’s metal, you no doubt remember TNT. But if you have no idea who TNT is, here’s a little history lesson from the days when bands had long, flowing hair, wore skin-tight pants, had legions of women falling at their feet, and had songs that ruled the airwaves and MTV…
More Ballet West Articles
- 21 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Easton Smith Thirsts for Roles Like DraculaI love the depth that the character Dracula has. I love the... 5 Comments
- 11 Jun 2010Ballet West Academy’s Spring Performance Displays a Rich Garden of TalentThe first dance of the Ballet West Academy Spring Performanc... 4 Comments
- 28 Dec 2009Ballet West’s Nutcracker Delights GenerationsDecember is a wonderful time to go to the ballet. At no othe... 4 Comments
- 11 May 2010The Brilliance of Ballet West and Balanchine’s AmericaAs the curtain raised for Ballet West’s Serenade, the first... 3 Comments
- 24 Feb 2010Ballet West’s Swan Lake Simply StunningAs Ballet West’s Artistic Director, Adam Sklute takes an ide... 2 Comments
- 03 Nov 2011Ballet West’s Dracula is Fang-tastic!When it comes to season openers, you’ll be hard pressed to f... 2 Comments
- 26 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Dracula Chills, Thrills and Makes You Beg for MoreSome people think that going to the ballet really sucks! But... 2 Comments
- 12 Nov 2010Ballet West in Perfect Form with Carmina Burana, The Four TemperamentsBallet West opened its 2010-2011 season with George Balanchi...
- 09 Jul 2012Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?Six episodes. How do you hook a summer audience on a show a...
- 15 Feb 2013Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and DelightsWe all know the story of Cinderella; the lonely, oft-abused...
- Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and Delights
- Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?
- Listen Up Verizon, TMobile and Sprint, a Sea Change is Coming…
- NOH8 Campaign Comes Out to Salt Lake City
- What’s the Buzz? Ted Neeley and Jesus Christ Superstar Have Heaven on Their Minds in Park City