This season I was fortunate to be able to attend Utah Symphony performances in Salt Lake City and one of my favorites was Dvořák’s “New World” Symphony. I saw a number of guest conductors and artists present wonderful performances by Mozart, Dvořák, Rachmaninoff and Smetana, and I was particularly moved by Mahler’s 2nd Symphony in the Salt Lake Tabernacle led by Keith Lockhart. The 2009-10 season was remarkable, and the 2010-11 season promises even more! read more →
On May 12th I had a great opportunity to attend a “contemporary” concert in Boston. Existential Pilot was capping off its spring tour with a concert at First Church in Boston and I received an invitation to attend. Some people hear the word contemporary and they go running for Beethoven or Mozart. I’ve discovered that there are some types of sounds that are really in the ear of the composer, and then there are others that should be in the ears of the patrons. Existential Pilot belongs in the latter category. read more →
Boston Pops 125 Salutes American Heroes Part 2: Armed Forces, Arthur Fiedler, Arlo Guthrie, Brian Stokes Mitchell
How does the Pops celebrate its 125th Season? Class, Tradition and Honor. I haven’t been to any better Pops performances. What a way to celebrate the Pops’ 125th Anniversary! The season isn’t finished yet, and the big finale of the summer is always the Pops on the Esplanade for the 4th of July. Fantastic performances! read more →
Boston Pops 125 Salutes American Heroes and Honors Kennedy Brothers Part 1: De Niro, Freeman and Harris
If you didn’t get a chance to attend the Boston Pops this past week, you missed one heck of a concert! I seem to have a lot of musical firsts, and this Pops concert program was by far my favorite ever. Keith Lockhart and the Pops put together a program that included Hollywood’s and Boston’s elite, 9/11 Rescue workers and local artists, and the programs were so phenomenal that I had to attend twice! read more →
CBS’ Survivor: Villains vs. Heroes After Party with Survivor’s own Billy Garcia and Rock and a Hard Place’s Leah Bitar
On Sunday, CBS celebrated the finale of its 20th Season by crowning a very-deserving Queen Sandra Diaz-Twine it’s 20th millionaire and first two-time winner. Times Square was abuzz with Survivor fans, friends and family, press and current and former cast members. And those of us not lucky enough to be a part of the actual finale broadcast came together to watch the last episode and live finale unfold. read more →
More Ballet West Articles
- 21 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Easton Smith Thirsts for Roles Like DraculaI love the depth that the character Dracula has. I love the ... 4 Comments
- 11 Jun 2010Ballet West Academy’s Spring Performance Displays a Rich Garden of TalentThe first dance of the Ballet West Academy Spring Performanc... 4 Comments
- 28 Dec 2009Ballet West’s Nutcracker Delights GenerationsDecember is a wonderful time to go to the ballet. At no othe... 4 Comments
- 11 May 2010The Brilliance of Ballet West and Balanchine’s AmericaAs the curtain raised for Ballet West’s Serenade, the first ... 3 Comments
- 26 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Dracula Chills, Thrills and Makes You Beg for MoreSome people think that going to the ballet really sucks! But... 2 Comments
- 24 Feb 2010Ballet West’s Swan Lake Simply StunningAs Ballet West’s Artistic Director, Adam Sklute takes an ide... 2 Comments
- 03 Nov 2011Ballet West’s Dracula is Fang-tastic!When it comes to season openers, you’ll be hard pressed to f... 2 Comments
- 09 Jul 2012Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?Six episodes. How do you hook a summer audience on a show a...
- 15 Feb 2013Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and DelightsWe all know the story of Cinderella; the lonely, oft-abused ...
- 12 Nov 2010Ballet West in Perfect Form with Carmina Burana, The Four TemperamentsBallet West opened its 2010-2011 season with George Balanchi...
- Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and Delights
- Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?
- Listen Up Verizon, TMobile and Sprint, a Sea Change is Coming…
- NOH8 Campaign Comes Out to Salt Lake City
- What’s the Buzz? Ted Neeley and Jesus Christ Superstar Have Heaven on Their Minds in Park City