The CW network has a new reality show called Hitched or Ditched. The premise of the story is basically that a couple is brought together for a quickie wedding offer, making them ultimately decide if it’s time to get married, or time to say ‘see ya!’
Tonight’s episode featured Boston couple Jesse and Annisa. Jesse’s brother showed up with the wedding offer and they had to decide if they wanted to get married in one week, and if they could actually go through with it once they were standing at the alter.
Sam Baltrusis’ Loaded Gun Boston and Wedding Stylist/Event Planner Chad Michael Peters threw a viewing party at The Place and I attended the viewing. Also in attendance were the couple of the hour, Jesse and Annisa!
I met Jesse, and I have to say that in person he is much better looking, and younger looking, than he appears on the show. And he was a really nice guy too! It’s easy to see why Annisa calls him her best friend; he has such a charming personality! Annisa was gorgeous, but we didn’t get a chance to say hello.
Jesse mentioned that it had been a very interesting year for them. He moved from Portland, Maine, and Annisa moved from Tyngsboro, Mass. Moving to Boston is a big change for anyone! On top of that, while Jesse was walking down Newbury Street in Boston, he actually got hit by a car! He had to have his ACL rebuilt, and it doesn’t sound like it was a great experience – OUCH! And, oh, one more thing. He got married.
Jesse and Annisa seem like a nice couple and things will probably get a little overwhelming for them. Surely they are up to the task! When you allow yourself to be put on national television, in your best and worst light, you tend to develop a thick skin and quickly. I’m sure they’ll be just fine! I wonder, though, are the parents asking to be grandparents yet?
A big thanks to Sam Baltrusis and Chad Michael Peters for throwing the party and for the the invite! Check out Loaded Gun Boston for more of the story and for fabulous photos from photographer Ryan Miner.
More Ballet West Articles
- 21 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Easton Smith Thirsts for Roles Like DraculaI love the depth that the character Dracula has. I love the... 5 Comments
- 11 Jun 2010Ballet West Academy’s Spring Performance Displays a Rich Garden of TalentThe first dance of the Ballet West Academy Spring Performanc... 4 Comments
- 28 Dec 2009Ballet West’s Nutcracker Delights GenerationsDecember is a wonderful time to go to the ballet. At no othe... 4 Comments
- 11 May 2010The Brilliance of Ballet West and Balanchine’s AmericaAs the curtain raised for Ballet West’s Serenade, the first... 3 Comments
- 24 Feb 2010Ballet West’s Swan Lake Simply StunningAs Ballet West’s Artistic Director, Adam Sklute takes an ide... 2 Comments
- 03 Nov 2011Ballet West’s Dracula is Fang-tastic!When it comes to season openers, you’ll be hard pressed to f... 2 Comments
- 26 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Dracula Chills, Thrills and Makes You Beg for MoreSome people think that going to the ballet really sucks! But... 2 Comments
- 09 Jul 2012Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?Six episodes. How do you hook a summer audience on a show a...
- 15 Feb 2013Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and DelightsWe all know the story of Cinderella; the lonely, oft-abused...
- 12 Nov 2010Ballet West in Perfect Form with Carmina Burana, The Four TemperamentsBallet West opened its 2010-2011 season with George Balanchi...
- Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and Delights
- Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?
- Listen Up Verizon, TMobile and Sprint, a Sea Change is Coming…
- NOH8 Campaign Comes Out to Salt Lake City
- What’s the Buzz? Ted Neeley and Jesus Christ Superstar Have Heaven on Their Minds in Park City