Stephen was the last of the Survivor Tocantins final four to be interviewed by Reality Exploits. Survivor Cook Islands’ Billy Garcia started the interview off by saying that Stephen really got ripped by the jury at the final tribal council.
Stephen agreed and said that he was clearly reeling at JTs actions. He said that JT was hamming it up more than it showed on TV. He had his hands on his face, he was rubbing his cheeks, and he was looking miserable. Stephen thought not only was he NOT going to win this game, he also fractured his relationship and was going to lose his close friendship with JT. He thought he personally betrayed his closest friend.
Stephen sat stunned. But then the cameras stopped rolling and JT was laughing like crazy. JT couldn’t have been happier. He had seen an opportunity to try to bring Stephen down, and he ran with it. Poor Stephen!
Stephen thinks he was too under the radar. People had come up to him from the jury and said they had no idea he was playing such a strong strategic game. They thought he was just JT’s goofy sidekick. While it was a role that Stephen consciously played, he might have played it a bit too close to the vest.
Stephen and JT were in the whole game together. But in front of the jury, he couldn’t at that critical moment say, “oh by the way, I am responsible for taking you all out”. If he had taken Erinn to the final two, had he won the last challenge, he would have had a much better shot against her. Taking or going with JT, he couldn’t really lay out his game.
Stephen also said that strategically, having two people work together was a huge advantage. They were always on the same page. They could come after someone with the same story from JT and Stephen. They would plan out their stories so they would seem believable. Billy said that from his experience, a lie coming from multiple sources, no matter how far fetched the lie, it sounds like the truth.
Stephen said that he and JT talked through everything; it was a true partnership. Billy commented that in his opinion, it should have been a draw and that they both should have won the million. Stephen said, “yeah, that would have been my preference too”! Billy was rooting for his fellow New Yorker!
Stephen’s a smart guy, and he was a smart player. I remember watching throughout the episode thinking that he might actually walk away with the prize! JT, however, ended up outwitting him, outplaying him, and ultimately, outlasting him.
A little note about the expressive photo above…I knew when I took the photo that I had caught Stephen at a really funny moment. When I showed it to other Survivor castaways, they said I HAD to post it. However, I did show it to Stephen first and he laughed and said, yeah, post it! Laughing with ya Stephen!
More Ballet West Articles
- 21 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Easton Smith Thirsts for Roles Like DraculaI love the depth that the character Dracula has. I love the... 5 Comments
- 11 Jun 2010Ballet West Academy’s Spring Performance Displays a Rich Garden of TalentThe first dance of the Ballet West Academy Spring Performanc... 4 Comments
- 28 Dec 2009Ballet West’s Nutcracker Delights GenerationsDecember is a wonderful time to go to the ballet. At no othe... 4 Comments
- 11 May 2010The Brilliance of Ballet West and Balanchine’s AmericaAs the curtain raised for Ballet West’s Serenade, the first... 3 Comments
- 03 Nov 2011Ballet West’s Dracula is Fang-tastic!When it comes to season openers, you’ll be hard pressed to f... 2 Comments
- 26 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Dracula Chills, Thrills and Makes You Beg for MoreSome people think that going to the ballet really sucks! But... 2 Comments
- 24 Feb 2010Ballet West’s Swan Lake Simply StunningAs Ballet West’s Artistic Director, Adam Sklute takes an ide... 2 Comments
- 12 Nov 2010Ballet West in Perfect Form with Carmina Burana, The Four TemperamentsBallet West opened its 2010-2011 season with George Balanchi...
- 09 Jul 2012Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?Six episodes. How do you hook a summer audience on a show a...
- 15 Feb 2013Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and DelightsWe all know the story of Cinderella; the lonely, oft-abused...
- Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and Delights
- Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?
- Listen Up Verizon, TMobile and Sprint, a Sea Change is Coming…
- NOH8 Campaign Comes Out to Salt Lake City
- What’s the Buzz? Ted Neeley and Jesus Christ Superstar Have Heaven on Their Minds in Park City