Note: See related article: What Constitutes Libel in a Blog Post? Re: Mary Murphy Article
Today the Fox TV hit So You Think You Can Dance kicked off auditions for season number six.
First stop…Boston, Massachusetts!
Auditions began today at the Hyatt Regency at 9:00 a.m. and I heard there were 450 dancers. That’s a whole lot of dancing in just one day!
I have to say, I was really surprised when she came in because she didn’t really look like she does on TV. What you see on So You Think You Can Dance is quite different than what you see in person. Mary Murphy is a beautiful woman who, on television, looks very “business like”, and in person is simply stunning!
Mary came in wearing tall high heeled boots (probably 4-inch heels), a long knit-type jacket, and was dressed in all black except for her bright pink hat and blue necklace! Her hat hid her face a bit, and if she hadn’t been announced, you likely would not have known who she was. I don’t think I would have.
I introduced myself to Mary and asked if she would allow a photo, and she graciously obliged. And when I say gracious, I do mean gracious. She is incredibly nice! We chatted for a few minutes and she told me that she had to be up at 4:30 a.m. because So You Think You Can Dance starts filming very early in the morning!
Mary told me that due to her heavy travel schedule and commitments, she is rarely ever home in San Diego. Mary said she’s doing 5 shows, although she said them so quickly I didn’t get them all! I commented that it’s probably difficult to know which way is up and where she is from day to day. She smiled and laughed. Mary is full of energy on the show, and in person you can’t help but feel her warmth and generous spirit.
The Barking Crab is about as low key as you can get and you’d never expect to find a non-local celebrity just hanging out. It’s a clam shack where half the night people are pounding crabs with big stones, just so they can get to their dinner. It’s a bar where people come to unwind after a long day at work in Downtown Boston. It’s a place where people come to hear musicians and have a beer with friends!
It’s not exactly a place where you expect to find one of the most famous and popular television celebrities hanging out for a few hours. You’d expect that perhaps around the corner at the Rowes Wharf Hotel, or maybe the Four Seasons. I think it was kind of cool.
So You Think You Can Dance is currently airing season five on Fox on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
More Ballet West Articles
- 21 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Easton Smith Thirsts for Roles Like DraculaI love the depth that the character Dracula has. I love the... 5 Comments
- 11 Jun 2010Ballet West Academy’s Spring Performance Displays a Rich Garden of TalentThe first dance of the Ballet West Academy Spring Performanc... 4 Comments
- 28 Dec 2009Ballet West’s Nutcracker Delights GenerationsDecember is a wonderful time to go to the ballet. At no othe... 4 Comments
- 11 May 2010The Brilliance of Ballet West and Balanchine’s AmericaAs the curtain raised for Ballet West’s Serenade, the first... 3 Comments
- 26 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Dracula Chills, Thrills and Makes You Beg for MoreSome people think that going to the ballet really sucks! But... 2 Comments
- 24 Feb 2010Ballet West’s Swan Lake Simply StunningAs Ballet West’s Artistic Director, Adam Sklute takes an ide... 2 Comments
- 03 Nov 2011Ballet West’s Dracula is Fang-tastic!When it comes to season openers, you’ll be hard pressed to f... 2 Comments
- 09 Jul 2012Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?Six episodes. How do you hook a summer audience on a show a...
- 15 Feb 2013Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and DelightsWe all know the story of Cinderella; the lonely, oft-abused...
- 12 Nov 2010Ballet West in Perfect Form with Carmina Burana, The Four TemperamentsBallet West opened its 2010-2011 season with George Balanchi...
- Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and Delights
- Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?
- Listen Up Verizon, TMobile and Sprint, a Sea Change is Coming…
- NOH8 Campaign Comes Out to Salt Lake City
- What’s the Buzz? Ted Neeley and Jesus Christ Superstar Have Heaven on Their Minds in Park City