My favorite line from Parvati during the Survivor: Micronesia Fans vs. Favorites season was when she said that she came out to win. She played hard and really made some enemies on the island, but in the end, her strategies served her well and she won the million, claiming the title of ultimate survivor.
I interviewed Parvati on the Red Carpet just after she learned she won this season’s Survivor. I asked her how she felt and she said she was glad it was finally over, it still hadn’t sunk in yet and that she couldn’t believe she had actually won. I asked her if it was hard being on Survivor: Cook Islands and then turning around a year later for Survivor: Micronesia and she said not at all — that she was recovered, ready and excited. She said she had a great time on Cook Islands and was thrilled to be going back for a second try.
Parvati Shallow & Todd Herzog
Parvati’s a really smart lady. Against great odds, she convinced the majority of the jury to vote in her favor, and took some harsh comments about being a role model for others. From my perspective, Parvati is a great role model. She is quite intelligent and is in charge of Public Relations and is a boxer for Knockouts For Girls (www.knockoutsforgirls.org), a “non-profit organization that raises money to provide college scholarships and boxing training to underprivileged girls”. Their goal is to empower girls and give them the tools they need to help them succeed beyond their current means. So far, Knockouts For Girls has raised enough money to provide $10,000 in scholarship funding.
The organization has just put together its 2009 swimsuit calendar (http://www.knockoutsforgirls.org/calendar.asp) and has its next charity event on June 3rd in Hollywood. These women are gorgeous, smart and can probably knock you on your tush! Anyone who thinks that Parvati lacks what it takes to be a great role model should take a look at www.knockoutsforgirls.org.
I enjoyed talking with Parvati on the Red Carpet. She is very articulate and extremely focused. While I asked her questions about Survivor, she made it clear that she wanted people to know about Knockouts For Girls. This is one woman who knows how to sell a story, and in the end she sold hers and earned herself a million dollars. Great job Parvati!
More Ballet West Articles
- 21 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Easton Smith Thirsts for Roles Like DraculaI love the depth that the character Dracula has. I love the... 5 Comments
- 11 Jun 2010Ballet West Academy’s Spring Performance Displays a Rich Garden of TalentThe first dance of the Ballet West Academy Spring Performanc... 4 Comments
- 28 Dec 2009Ballet West’s Nutcracker Delights GenerationsDecember is a wonderful time to go to the ballet. At no othe... 4 Comments
- 11 May 2010The Brilliance of Ballet West and Balanchine’s AmericaAs the curtain raised for Ballet West’s Serenade, the first... 3 Comments
- 24 Feb 2010Ballet West’s Swan Lake Simply StunningAs Ballet West’s Artistic Director, Adam Sklute takes an ide... 2 Comments
- 03 Nov 2011Ballet West’s Dracula is Fang-tastic!When it comes to season openers, you’ll be hard pressed to f... 2 Comments
- 26 Oct 2011Ballet West’s Dracula Chills, Thrills and Makes You Beg for MoreSome people think that going to the ballet really sucks! But... 2 Comments
- 12 Nov 2010Ballet West in Perfect Form with Carmina Burana, The Four TemperamentsBallet West opened its 2010-2011 season with George Balanchi...
- 09 Jul 2012Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?Six episodes. How do you hook a summer audience on a show a...
- 15 Feb 2013Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and DelightsWe all know the story of Cinderella; the lonely, oft-abused...
- Ballet West’s Cinderella Enchants and Delights
- Ballet West’s Breaking Pointe: Did the CW Get it Right?
- Listen Up Verizon, TMobile and Sprint, a Sea Change is Coming…
- NOH8 Campaign Comes Out to Salt Lake City
- What’s the Buzz? Ted Neeley and Jesus Christ Superstar Have Heaven on Their Minds in Park City